m2h 2
scootermcfly 2
Topic Options
#182475 - 03/12/17 05:59 AM Another Old guy returns from Beyond
mr_x Offline
Deck Hand

Loc: New England
Hey guys,
GAWD its been forever. Hope all is well with you all. things are working well for me. Sold the house and bought a condo on the CT shore. trying to downsize a bit. Still working at a huge hospital here in Ct where I am the Sr Admin. We have well over 100k users and close to 50k desktops...so things are never quiet. My main responsibility is the integration of new domains as this giant continues to swallow up all the smaller fish. Kinda sad to see some of them go, but hey i'll never be out of work..ahahahah. This place has some seriously deep pockets and I expect most of it is the association with the University. I think we're over 3k servers now and I heard they just broke through the 10PB in storage marker. most of which is not spinning disk. I am continually consolidating and decomm'ing old crap...

Anyway enough work ..Strangely I had a dream about this place last week and the old Simon days..BAHAHAHAHa. Wonder what ever happened to him and if we finally pushed him over the edge. HA!!

Well hope all is well and just wanted to stop in and give you all a quick shout.

oh and thanks for the reset DS and letting me back in..appreciate it brother.

~mr_x (art)

#182477 - 03/13/17 11:15 PM Re: Another Old guy returns from Beyond [Re: mr_x]
Doorslammer Offline

Funeral Director

Loc: NJ
Well nice to see you post again .
I'm glad thing are going well someday we'll have a boneyard reunion
We are not very active these day but we stay in touch
Stop in as time permits

#182478 - 03/15/17 07:19 AM Re: Another Old guy returns from Beyond [Re: mr_x]
MorningStar Offline
Cabin Boy

Loc: Beyond the Sun
Simon still posts on Twitter once in a while, damn, it's been years and years since I've actually gotten to talk to him.

Ooooof, i don't envy your job of managing all those people and hardware lol

#182502 - 06/11/17 01:39 PM Re: Another Old guy returns from Beyond [Re: mr_x]
PraskeT Offline
Pirate

Loc: Seattle, WA
hi mr_x, good to see you around again. I like bouncing in now and then to see who all comes around. smile

- prasket

Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays